Equipment (skid loader) Operator/Peeler
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Womelsdorf, PA
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Pay: $13.50+ dependent on experience and shift
Inspects and unloads raw product, and loads raw product into hoppers. Operates peeling station in the basement. Sorts out bad product, ensures peeling is adequate, ensures washing is adequate.
General Job Duties:
- Adhere to all current GMP’s, Food Safety requirements and company policies
- Inspects and handles raw product in the basement to sort, peel, and look for defects to keep the kettles supplied
- Communicates and coordinates with kettle operators based upon the production schedule and customer requirements for frying.
- Monitors dirty and peeled hopper leaves to ensure correct and adequate amount of product available for the kettle to fry
- Uses skid loader/bobcat to unload and move raw potatoes around in the basement based upon the production schedule and/or the needs of the kettle
- Maintains a clean work area and environment
- Understand the conveyor system and all the powered equipment used to move raw material. Safety turn on and off the system as needed. Make adjustments to the system as needed
- Monitors equipment and reports malfunctions to maintenance and management
- Oversee quality and food safety of raw material in the basement as it is prepped for frying
- Work as part of a team; gives lunches and breaks to others on the team
- Make sure equipment and work area are cleaned and kept neat
- Make sure all waste from basement is removed as needed throughout the day and all waste containers and bins are emptied for incoming shift
- Document and log all required information accurately and timely
- Comfortable working in high paced, wet, oily, and noisy environment
- Alert management of any problems found during raw material handling process
- Clean and sanitize the plant and plant equipment including packaging machines, walls, floors, etc.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with the rest of the team
- All duties as assigned by management
- Proven ability and experience safely operating a skid loader in a tight confined area
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, organized and positive environment.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to read, write and understand English
Shift Length: 12 hours
Climbing: Frequently - Number of Stairs: 15
Lifting/Carrying: Frequently - Weight: 50 lbs.
Mathematical Reasoning: Frequently
Language Ability: Continuously
Outside work: Rarely
Temperature changes: Frequently
Temperatures in excess of 100 degrees Fahrenheit: Occasionally – varies by season
Temperatures below 32 degrees Fahrenheit: Occasionally – varies by season
Ambient noise level loud enough to require shouting: Continuously
Work closely to moving parts: Continuously
Work closely to open electric current: Rarely
Work with chemicals: Occasionally
Air conditions require a respirator: Rarely
*Rarely 0-10%, Occasionally 11-33%, Frequently 34-66%, Continuously 67-100%