Assistant Kettle Operator
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13-$16 per hour based on experience
General Job Duties:
- Adhere to all current GMP’s, Food Safety requirements and company policies
- Prepare for startup and/or shut down of kettles
- Operate kettles by monitoring the frying processes and producing a quality finished product in a fast paced environment under constant pressure of the kettle production
- Monitors equipment and reports malfunctions to maintenance and management
- Monitors, maintains and changes oils in kettles as needed
- Set up and change slicer heads
- Coordinate kettle operations with the basement prep rooms
- Oversee quality and food safety of raw material coming from the prep rooms and monitor product levels
- Oversee quality and food safety of product coming out of kettles
- Oversee quality and food safety of product being sorted
- Make sure equipment and work area are cleaned and kept neat
- Make sure all waste from prep rooms, kettle rooms and sorting areas are removed as needed throughout the day and all waste containers and bins are emptied for incoming shift
- Document and log all required information accurately and timely
- Comfortable working with high temperature oils and frying equipment in a noisy, hot, humid environment
- Clean and sanitize the plant and plant equipment including packaging machines, walls, floors, etc.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with the rest of the team
- All duties as assigned by management
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, organized and positive environment.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to read, write and understand English
Shift Length: 12 hours
Climbing: Frequently - Number of Stairs: 15
Lifting/Carrying: Frequently - Weight: 50 lbs.
Mathematical Reasoning: Continuously
Language Ability: Frequently
Outside work: Rarely
Temperature changes: Frequently
Temperatures in excess of 100 degrees Fahrenheit: Occasionally – varies by season
Temperatures below 32 degrees Fahrenheit: Occasionally – varies by season
Ambient noise level loud enough to require shouting: Continuously
Work closely to moving parts: Continuously
Work closely to open electric current: Rarely
Work with chemicals: Occasionally
Air conditions require a respirator: Rarely
*Rarely 0-10%, Occasionally 11-33%, Frequently 34-66%, Continuously 67-100%