Pay: Salary - depends on experience
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Adhere to and enforce all current GMP’s, Food Safety requirements and company policies
- Responsible for the efficient operation of production process from the raw materials to the finished product. Assists in troubleshooting to meet quality standards
- Understands the production schedule to ensure efficient and effective labor management to meet the production schedule
- Thorough understanding of job positions on their team to be able to cover and maintain productivity
- Understands the conveyor and gate system to move product from kettles to appropriate packaging machines
- Maintains and enforces a clean work area and environment
- Monitors equipment and reports malfunctions to maintenance and management. Communicates effectively via email and understands spreadsheets and formulas
- Oversee quality and food safety of finished material through the production process from raw material to finished goods
- Manage, train, and coordinate their staff to meet the company objectives and production schedule
- Make sure equipment and the plant are cleaned and kept neat. Ensure building is safe and secured.
- Make sure all waste from the different areas of the plant are removed as needed throughout the day and all waste containers and bins are emptied for incoming shift. Rework product is handled appropriately
- Document and log all required information accurately and timely. Basic math, computer skills, attention to detail, focus on task at hand, ability to successfully multi-task, and work with hand tools are all minimum requirements of this role. Interpersonal skills and positive leadership abilities are a must
- Comfortable working in fast paced, noisy, wet, oily environment
- Alert management of any problems found during package inspections
- Repack/rework product as necessary
- Manage the team during the process of cleaning and sanitizing the plant and plant equipment including packaging machines, walls, floors, etc.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with the rest of the team
- Assists operations and plant manager in managing staff to meet productivity, quality, and food safety requirements
- All duties as assigned by management
- Supervisor - 3 years’ experience or relevant college education
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, organized and positive environment.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to read, write and understand English
Shift Length: 12+ hours
Climbing: Frequently - Number of Stairs: 15
Lifting/Carrying: Frequently - Weight: 50 lbs
Mathematical Reasoning: Frequently
Language Ability: Continuously
Outside work: Rarely
Temperature changes: Frequently
Temperatures in excess of 100 degrees Fahrenheit: Occasionally – varies by season
shift supervisor Job Description apr 2017 Page 2 of 2
Temperatures below 32 degrees Fahrenheit: Occasionally – varies by season
Ambient noise level loud enough to require shouting: Continuously
Work closely to moving parts: Continuously
Work closely to open electric current: Rarely
Work with chemicals: Occasionally
Air conditions require a respirator: Rarely
*Rarely 0-10%, Occasionally 11-33%, Frequently 34-66%, Continuously 67-100%